Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are
protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
The materials on Luxwedding’s web site are provided “as is”.
In no event shall
4. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Luxwedding’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors.
7. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Luxwedding’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iceland without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Services - Terms & Conditions
Luxwedding contact information:
Address – Núpalind 6, 201 Kópavogur, Iceland
Email – email@example.com
Phone number – +354 8661078
- Definitions LW – Luxwedding. Client – the buyer company. Traveller(s) – the individual(s) who travels to Iceland or individual(s) within the group. Group – consist of 10 travellers or more Luxwedding ehf. is a member of the Icelandic Tourist Board and has permission to operate as a Day Tour Provider.
- Icelandic VAT System Affecting Tourism As of 1 January 2016, tour operators, coach companies, activities, day tours and expeditions are subject to 11% VAT. There are two levels of VAT in Iceland 11% and 24%. The lower level of VAT 11% includes tour operators, hotels, restaurants, coaches, activities, day tours and expeditions. The higher level of VAT 24% includes car rental.
- Bookings. Bookings must be made in writing, by e-mail, to the wedding planner for individuals and groups and confirmed in writing, by LW in order to be valid. Every detail regarding the booking must be included in order for LW to ensure efficiency. This includes each traveller´s name, flight information, whether a transfer service from Keflavik airport is required, and details on accommodation, tours and other requested services, such as related to specific needs. Within our full wedding planning service, we require that all bookings and payments go through LW.
- Rooming lists A rooming list must be sent to LW no later than 16 weeks prior to the travellers’ arrival, and a final rooming list at least 12 weeks prior to travellers’ arrival. Unless the planning starts within this timeframe.
- Single, Double, Triple & Quad Rooms Single supplements are often payable for sole occupancy of a room. A single room does not guarantee the provision of a double or twin room, and in some instances may be smaller. A double bed often consist of two single beds pushed together, using double bed base linen (although it is not unusual for single duvets to be provided in many hotels for doubles). For triple or quad occupancy, this may be a standard size room with either a camp bed, rollaway, or mattress on the floor and space will therefore be limited.
- Terms of payment
6.1 For Ceremony package without planning 100% deposit is paid when starting the planning
6.2 For Partial Wedding Planning and Full Wedding Planning service a deposit is paid when starting the planning and the remaining deposit balance is paid 12 weeks before the wedding. The second payment for the planning service can be delayed in the case people are starting the planning within 6 months from the wedding day, this needs to be done in writing to LW and accepted in writing by LW.
6.3 For Individual Travellers and groups A non-refundable deposit of at least 50% of the total package price for individuals, should reach LW 16 weeks prior to arrival. In case of further delay of payments, LW will reserve the right to treat the booking as a cancellation and withdraw its confirmation of services. NOTE: Payments can be made by credit card, LW accepts Visa and MasterCard.
6.4 Full payment (less deposit) for groups and individuals shall reach LW at least 9 weeks prior to arrival of travellers or upon confirmation of booking if done within 9 weeks. In case of further delay of payments, LW will reserve the right to treat the booking as a cancellation and withdraw its confirmation of services. NOTE: Payments can be made by credit card, LW accepts Visa and MasterCard.
- Cancellation All cancellations must be sent to LW in writing, by letter or e-mail, and need to be confirmed by LW in order to be valid. In conformity with business practices within the Icelandic travel industry, the Client is required to charge cancellation fees on the total package price to Client/traveller(s) as shown in Clause 8.
- Cancellation charges
8.1 Cancellation of Full Wedding Planning services. The client has the option to cancel the Full Wedding Planning Services. The cancellation of the services has to be in writing to the wedding planner. In the event of a cancellation of the wedding planning services the initial deposit of the wedding services is non-refundable. If the cancellation of the services takes place within 12 weeks before the wedding the second payment for the wedding planning is also non-refundable.
8.2 Travel For Individual Traveller(s) and groups. All deposits required from suppliers need to be paid in advance to LW. In most cases the rules below apply: Time of cancellation for individuals and groups (1 – 15 rooms ): 16 weeks and more than 9 weeks 50% 9 weeks prior to arrival 50% Stricter cancellation policy for large groups (15+ rooms ) may apply in certain hotels than stated above and will not exceed the charges as shown below. Please contact LW for further information. Please note that cancellation of one or more individuals within a group may cause a price increase for the group, or a cancellation fee will apply according to above rules for those cancelled travellers. NOTE: The counting method for cancellation charges excludes the day of arrival and starts on the date when we receive written notice of cancellation, or on the date upon which your cancellation is treated as occurring because of non-payment. A week is seven days.
- Insufficient Participation
If a service, which has been confirmed unconditionally, is cancelled by LW, for example, due to insufficient participation, cancellations will be made with at least 4 weeks notice. LW shall make every effort to provide similar alternative arrangements without additional costs to the client / traveller. Should those alternatives not be to the client / traveller’s satisfaction, a full refund will be made of the amount paid.
A passport valid at least three months beyond intended stay, is required for visitors to Iceland. Iceland has fully implemented the Schengen agreement since 25th March 2001, which ended internal border checkpoint and controls. Schengen countries (July 2018) are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. For additional information on passport and visa requirements, see Icelandic Directorate of Immigration website http://www.utl.is/index.php/en/.
- Validity of prices The rates and conditions for quotation are valid for 30 days from date of issue. All rates quoted are based on current purchasing prices in Iceland. LW reserves the right to increase/decrease prices already quoted, but not invoiced yet, without notice, in the event of currency fluctuation, changes to government taxes, or due to any other cost increases beyond LW’s control. Once a payment link has been sent, the price is guaranteed against any surcharge, unless an increase results from the following changes that are beyond the control of LW: • currency fluctuations relevant to the agreement. • the level of taxes or fees on the travel services included in the contract imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the agreement, including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; or • the price of the carriage of travellers resulting from the cost of fuel or other power sources relevant to the agreement • Reasonable notice will be given of the price change along with an explanation for the change. If an increase in the price exceeds 8%, the clients/travellers are entitled to cancel the booking with a full refund. No price changes will be made 20 days prior to travellers’ arrival in Iceland. Please note: Unforeseen admission fees to nature sites are not included in our prices.
12.1 LW makes every effort to ensure that the most up to date and correct prices are shown in our documentation, but on occasion there might be an unfortunate pricing error or a change in prices might have occurred after publication of the material. LW reserves the right to correct any such errors or changes to advertised or confirmed prices as soon as reasonably possible or prior to invoicing.
12.2 LW tours and services are subject to currency fluctuation and conditions of cooperative contractors that may provide transportation and other services
12.3 LW provides prices including VAT and invoices are issued with VAT.
- Baggage LW acknowledges that traveling bags are designed to protect their contents. In the course of normal handling, your baggage may show evidence of wear and tear. LW takes neither responsibility for minor cuts, scratches and dents nor for items that protrude from traveling bags, such as retractable handles, wheels, straps and luggage carts.
- Pick up and drop off service for LW
14.1 Please be ready in time for your pick up in the location mentioned.
14.2 Please note that pick up and drop off locations may not be directly in front of your hotel/guesthouse dictated by actual conditions (e.g. narrow streets, coach size, roadworks, etc.).
14.3 LW tours return times can vary due to weather conditions.
- Excluded Unless specifically listed, meals and refreshments are not included. During full day excursions there is a lunch stop at a local restaurant.
- Languages LW services are provided in English as well as guided tours. LW can provide guided tours in other languages if needed upon requests.
- Public Holidays On the following public holidays, a 100% surcharge may apply to LW staff, tour guides and other suppliers: New Year’s Day / Good Friday / Easter Sunday / Whit Sunday / Independence Day (17 June) / Commerce Day (first Monday in August) / Christmas Eve (after 12:00 on 24 December) / Christmas day (25 December) / New Year’s Eve (after 12:00 on 31 December) For major cultural events, please see Practical Information on Iceland.
- Liability Force Majeure LW disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or changes in schedules resulting from causes beyond the control of LW. Such causes include, but are not limited to, acts of nature, labour disputes, strikes, or any other irregularity beyond LW’s control. LW reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times, without prior notice, should the necessity arise. In case of any changes in flights (domestic and international), the travellers shall pay any additional cost caused by this, at the time the service is provided (extra hotel nights, meals, transfers etc.). We advise all traveller(s) to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies.
- General liability LW will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: • The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the traveller(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or • the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of the services and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or • circumstances beyond LW’s control as defined under Force Majeure. We advise all travellers to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies. At no times is LW responsible for indirect (consequential) damages.
- Complaints by Traveller All complaints must be submitted to LW in writing within 1 weeks (7 days) from travellers(s´) departure from Iceland. Otherwise, any possible compensation is not valid.
21.1 The client is obliged to be conscious about his transaction account and all the corrections that are performed. LW is allowed to make correction to all mistakes or errors regarding collection of payments, issuance of invoices, calculation of commissions and discounts, and other transactions, including refunds and chargebacks.
21.2 The client is obliged to announce immediately to LW if he or she knows about mistakes or errors that have been made in regards to the payments.
21.3 LW reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions without notice.
22.1 Each party undertakes that it shall not disclose to any person/company any confidential information concerning the business, affairs, travellers, clients or suppliers of the other party for any purpose other than necessary to perform its obligations under this agreement. Each party may disclose the other party’s confidential information: a) to its employees, officers, representatives or advisers who need to know such information for the purposes of carrying out the party’s obligations under this agreement. Each party shall ensure that its employees, officers, representatives or advisers to whom it discloses the other party’s confidential information comply with this clause, or b) as may be required by law, court order or any governmental or regulatory authority. In the event of any type of sensitive information, the specific party is required to articulate its requirements clearly and in writing.
22.2 LW may collect personal information about clients to further the service provided. This may include names, email addresses or other identifying information. These information will not be sold to third parties.
22.3 LW may send you newsletters or other information to your provided email. You can always let us know if you don’t want to receive this.
- Wedding planning services and program Luxwedding ehf. – All rights are reserved. Do not share, copy, reproduce or sell any part of the documents and files included in the wedding planning program, My Iceland Wedding, unless you have written permission from Luxwedding ehf. All infringements will be prosecuted. If you are the personal owner of the wedding planning program – End User License then you may use it for your own use but not for any other purpose.
- Governing Law This agreement and any dispute or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed and construed by the laws of Iceland. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Iceland shall have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims). 25. Facebook disclaimer: This website is not a part of Facebook or Facebook Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK Inc.